Seaway Mall and The City of Welland to attract potential investors during ICSC
The Seaway Mall and the City of Welland joint efforts to attract new investors and developers to the growing Rose City during the International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC) Canada Convention in Toronto.
The event took place at Metro Toronto Convention Centre from Oct. 2 to Oct. 4, 2017. The annual event has become “a great opportunity for owners, developers, retailers, brokers, lenders, municipalities, property asset managers and product and service providers to gather under one roof to exhibit, make deals and form successful business partnerships,” according to the ICSC website.
Mike Belcastro, Seaway Mall President, agreed and said “the 2017 Convention was very positive not only for the Mall but also for the city”.
Mayor Frank Campion told the Welland Tribune, “We send as many councillors as we can to show that we are there in strength, that we support local businesses and are open for business. It’s been very successful so far.”
Did you know?
- Over 3000 new homes are being built within 10km of the Seaway Mall
- GE chose Welland as the location to develop and locate a new 500,000 sq.ft. factory
- Devron recently completed a 1,071 sq. metre facility with a $1.87m investment and will produce quality innovative products such as new Green Living Fences
- Bertie and Clinton Mutual Insurance Company opened in the summer with a 1,903 sq. metre o_ce building on Niagara St., a $27.5m investment
- Niagara College is investing $70m in redevelopment at its Welland and NOTL campuses